[mythtv-users] freshrpms.net rpms or touch include/linux/workqueue.h

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sun Jun 22 13:23:07 EDT 2003

Axel Thimm wrote:

>>Anyone get this working yet?
>>

>Yes, just get the ALSA rpms from freshrpms.net.

If you've compiled your own kernel, any RPM that includes a kernel
module (like the ALSA RPMs) will not work for you.  Ideally, you could
download the source RPM, but the freshrpms.net spec file doesn't deal
properly with the way Red Hat names it's custom kernels, and also
doesn't touch include/linux/workqueue.h.  I hacked up a spec file
yesterday that worked for me, if anyone is interested.  Being able to
install most of Myth's prerequisites as RPMs from freshrpms.net sure
made building the new Myth box a ton easier.

Mike