[mythtv-users] Lots of bits and pieces...

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Sun Jun 22 13:54:43 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:40, Mark uttered:
> Tupshin, what are you doing that you need that many hard drives?
>  Potentially, that's Terabytes....  the mind drools....

Record enough shows... at what, 3~5 gigs per 2 hour movie...  Where I work, we
sell a 3u system that can have up to 1.7 usable terabytes of redundant
storage.  We've reached the 2tb blocksize limit.  We've got another chassis
that we're evaluating that allows for 12 ATA disks in a 3u chassis, which
would go well beyond the 2tb limit and would have to be split up into
multiple arrays.  You could hold a few movies on that beast (;

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: