[mythtv-users] Lots of bits and pieces...

Tupshin Harper tupshin at tupshin.com
Sun Jun 22 15:26:32 EDT 2003

Mark wrote:

> Tupshin, what are you doing that you need that many hard drives?
> Potentially, that's Terabytes....  the mind drools....

It's actually a combination of many things, and it's partly for
historical reasons. The total space is about 1.3TB, and consists of
drives ranging from 30GB to the new 160GB drive that I just got. About
1/4 of the space is for backup/redundancy of important data, a lot of it
goes is used to store really large data sets and indices that I do
professional work with, and the new drive is all for myth. ;-). As I
need more space (and I will), I might end up retiring some of the
smaller drives instead of continuing to expand, assuming I can't find a
decent case to handle them all.

-Wackyguy
(trying to picturing drooling minds, and not liking the imagery)