[mythtv-users] btaudio chipmunk sound

David Sokolowsky dgs at locke.ccil.org
Mon Jun 23 15:27:40 EDT 2003

I know this has been discussed, but I have been unable to find an actual
resolution to the problem of high frequency sound (like chipmunk cartoon
characters) when using btaudio.

I have Mandrake 9.1 and a WinTV-dbx 401 and get good sound testing with
xawtv and btaudio by following the example in the kernel documentation:
$ sox -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
where /dev/dsp1 is my btaudio digital sound.

Configuring mythtv to use /dev/dsp1 yields the high frequency audio,
however.  Any specifics to configure the correct frequency would be
apprectiated.

Dave