[mythtv-users] audio on mythfrontend playing to fast

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Mon Jun 23 15:57:41 EDT 2003

I have had mythtv working fine for some time now, thanks for the nice
software BTW. Over the weekend I decided to install mythtv on my laptop
so I could use it as a frontend while on the back patio. Everything
installed and runs fine except for the fact the all of my recorded shows
play with fast audio (like the chipmunks do mythtv) video plays at
normal fps. Watching live tv audio is ok, and playing the shows on the
box the recorded plays ok.

The audio device in my laptop is a i810 using the i810_audio, oss,
module. Will switching to alsa fix this? Or has anyone had the same
problem before.

I have done a little searching but have not turned up much. If someone
would please tell me what the problem is or point me to any docs/mail
archive I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Jayson Garrell