[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit and Interlaced Output, part III : )

Purchase, Steven steven.Purchase at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 24 09:46:08 EDT 2003

> OK, It's good to see that I'm not the only one!
>
> Anyway, the SIS driver also has an option for reducing
> flicker. I have turned this off to see how it would
> affect my interlaced output. It didn't seem to help
> the video much, though I could definately see an
> increase of flicker in horizontal lines in X before
> mythfrontend starts up.

Be aware, I don't think the stock SiS driver supports overscan, etc. It just
ignores the options. Look for a link on this list to another driver that
works far better.

Another thing I thought of - do you need to be using an interlaced X mode?
Surely this can be the only way that any app running within X can hope to
output interlaced video correctly. I mean to sort this out myself pretty
soon but havent got round to it yet.

--
Steve