[mythtv-users] Pundit/MythFE Distribution ready for testing!

Purchase, Steven steven.Purchase at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 24 14:06:58 EDT 2003

> > Would anyone happen to know how to get this onto a CD
> > from within Windows in order to test it? Does a .iso
> > really have anything other than raw data in
>
> You can burn an .iso with Windows. No problem whatsoever.

Thanks for the info but you mis-understood the question. He said the image
is in straight dd format, ie. raw data intended to go straight to the drive.
I was wondering if an .iso is also raw data written directly to the drive.
This would have allowed me to simply rename the data as .iso and use Nero as
you suggest.

Having thought about it I guess the boot strategy is possibly different for
a CD so I am less confident about it working. Anyone else got any ideas how
to test a 50Mb image without buying the CF adapter first? I suppose I could
trash an old HDD and use that...

Thanks anyway.

--
Steve