[mythtv-users] Lircrc for Hauppauge silver remote (34 buttons)

JOna jblistat at sll.fi
Wed Jun 25 02:26:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

I haven't seen here any lircrc file for the newest Hauppauge
remote (silver-colored with 34 buttons), so here is the file that
I've been using for some time now. Use it with sticky keys
set OFF.

Because the lowest two buttons (rewind and skip) are a bit
difficult to reach, I doubled them in Vol- and Vol+ for easier
scrolling (left and right). Volume is controlled with yellow and
blue buttons (because they are closest to Vol+ and Vol-).

Rewind and FFW operate as if sticky keys were ON.
Replay and Skip do the same as Left and Right (e.g. they
replay and skip)

With red button (followed with up/down) you can browse other
channel's program-info while wathing one channel. If you then
want to jump into something that you just found just press OK.
This is especially nice feature because MythTV takes some
time to change the channel, and browsing mere program-info
is much faster.

There are still some buttons not in use and/or doubled so
this nice little remote still has plenty of space for customising...

JOna

The file ".lircrc" for irxevents:

# This is for the Hauppauge silver remote that has 32 buttons.
# Buttons are listed in the same order as they appear in the
# remote. This file is case sensitive.

# Power
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Power
repeat = 3
config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Go toggles composite and tuner
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Go
config = Key C CurrentWindow
end

# Numeric key definitions
begin
prog = irxevent
button = 0
config = Key 0 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 1
config = Key 1 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 2
config = Key 2 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 3
config = Key 3 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 4
config = Key 4 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 5
config = Key 5 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 6
config = Key 6 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 7
config = Key 7 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 8
config = Key 8 CurrentWindow
end

begin
prog = irxevent
button = 9
config = Key 9 CurrentWindow
end

# Escape/Exit/Back
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Back/Exit
config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
end

# Displays EPG when watching Live TV
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Menu
config = Key M CurrentWindow
end

# Red turns on 'Browse' mode to allow scrolling OSD data
# while watching another channel
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Red
config = Key O CurrentWindow
end

# Green to toggle different infos
# I commented out pause-info in src to get full still image
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Green
config = Key I CurrentWindow
end

# Yellow Vol- (because Vol- is reserved for navigating)
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Yellow
config = Key F10 CurrentWindow
end

# Blue Vol+ (because Vol+ is reserved for navigating)
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Blue
config = Key F11 CurrentWindow
end

# Channel Up
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Ch+
repeat = 3
config = Key Up CurrentWindow
end

# Channel Down
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Ch-
repeat = 3
config = Key Down CurrentWindow
end

# Volume Down used for navigating
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Vol-
repeat = 3
config = Key Left CurrentWindow
end

# Volume Up used for navigating
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Vol+
repeat = 3
config = Key Right CurrentWindow
end

# OK/Select
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Ok
repeat = 3
config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

# Mute
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Mute
repeat = 3
config = Key F9 CurrentWindow
end

# Blank/delete
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Blank
repeat = 3
config = Key D CurrentWindow
end

# Toggles full screen mode
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Full
repeat = 3
config = Key F CurrentWindow
end

# Fast Rewind, even when sticky keys are off
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Rewind
repeat = 3
config = Key less CurrentWindow
end

# Play key for selecting recordings
begin
prog = irxevent
button = PLAY
repeat = 3
config = Key space CurrentWindow
end

# Fast Forward, even when sticky keys are off
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Forward
repeat = 3
config = Key period CurrentWindow
end

# Record key for identifying recordings in EPG
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Record
repeat = 3