[mythtv-users] DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTo section)

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 25 00:55:19 EDT 2003

>Hauppauge WinTV Go.  Video capture  works with older versions of this
>card, which uses a bt878-compatible chip; newer versions use a different
>chips that si not yet supported by v4l. Audio requires using a jumper to a
>sound card; btaudio does NOT work.

Is btaudio the part that deals with audio capture via the tv card itself?
I'm using an external video source (set-top box) so I've plugged the video
into the tv card but I'm capturing the audio via my sound-card. This may
worth mentioning regarding cards that don't support btaudio.

I suppose this might not be relevant in a "compatible-cards" FAQ but it at
least gives an option to people who realise that their old tv card isn't
fully compatible but are using an external video source.

--

Neil Trodden