[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

Tim Neale gc27 at softhome.net
Wed Jun 25 11:58:53 EDT 2003

mOjO wrote:

> my system:
> Athlon XP 1700 (512mb PC2100DDR) on a shuttle SS40G (SiS740 chip)
> Gentoo 1.4 RC5 built from gentoo-sources and all is current.
> MythTV 0.9.1, mysqld  Ver 3.23.56, mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.56
>
> my issues in order of importance (to me at least):
>
> 1.>  i want to patch mplayer so i can use the mythencode.pl, but i am
> a bit confused by the whole ebuild thing.. i mean i know how to
> install stuff with emerge but how do i patch the ebuild? or I should
> just ask what is the easiest way to accomplish my goal of using
> mythencode.pl to dump the .NUV's to something else in gentoo?

I don't know if this is the recommended way of doing things but you can use:
ebuild  [filename] fetch
ebuild [filename] unpack
(where filename is the full filename including path to the ebuild file)
to retrieve and unpack the source to /var/tmp/portage/[ebuild
name]/work, you can then apply any patches, then
ebuild [filename] compile
ebuild [filename] install
ebuild [filename] qmerge
to complete the process.