[mythtv-users] MythMusic, weird behavior

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 11:23:39 EDT 2003

Something might be wrong with your system...  1300 songs is not a large
playlist; I have one at least 2-3 times that big on my Athlon XP 1600+.
Just curious, do you have the "List as Shuffled" option on or off?  Mine is
'on'.

> 2. Random crashes, I haven't pinpointed how this happens yet, nor
> have the
> error but once in a while when I enter mythmusic's play music, it
> will start
> to play a song but freeze before the actual playlist fills on the
> screen. At
> this point the console that is running mythfrontend crashes so
> there goes my
> visual or log reports and I can't even kill the process. The one
> song will
> play through then stop, and all that is on the screen is the myth
> theme and
> a couple boxes for the mythmusic layout but no data or status. The only
> resolution is to reboot the computer lol. If I find out more I
> will post it.

I think I might be seeing this too... mythfrontend just hangs sometimes
going into the playback screen.  I can usually kill it by resetting the X
server (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) or SSHing in and killing the process.
Everything worked fine until I recently changed the location of my music
library and rebuilt the entire music DB.  If I get a chance I'll try to get
a backtrace and submit it.

-JAC