[mythtv-users] can't find blue

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Wed Jun 25 10:46:28 EDT 2003

See below.

At 12:09 PM 6/25/2003 -0400, Bill Whyte wrote:
>Looking for a solution:
>
>I have installed as per the documentation on Redhat Linux 9.0 and I am
>recieving the following error.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to
>get past this.
>
>upon running
>
>./setup
>
>in the
>
>mythtv-0.9.1/setup directory
>
>I get the following output.
>
>Could not find theme: blue
>Would you like to clear all capture care settings before starting
>configuration? [no]
>Would you like to clear all program/channel settings before starting
>configuration? [no]
>Could not find theme: blue
>Couldn't find them blue
>If this is the master backend server:
>Now, please run 'mythfilldatabase' to populate the database with channel
>information
>
>and thats it, I can't seem to get past this....
>

>Any ideas??

The packager probably forgot to include the default theme, "blue". You can
see what it looks like on the "Features and Screenshots" page of the Myth
Website.

So you need to add the theme "blue" to your system.(I've been surprised by
this problem myself, and I find it odd that distro packagers fail to
include the default theme in their packages. Perhaps the various packagers
can fix this next time around?)

  You used to be able to find "blue", and several alternatives to it, on
the "themes" page on the Myth Website. But I checked this morning, and that
page now contains only 2 newer themes, not the half dozen or so that were
there a month ago. (Why the change, Isaac?) This morning, I can only find
blue as part of the full Myth-0.9.1 package available on the site's
Download page.

It is possible that the package you installed has "blue" in it, but in the
wrong place. So you might look around wherever you installed the package
for a file with a name like "blue.tgz" or a directory named "blue". If you
find it, cp or mv it (or un'tar it)  to (probably - this part might be
distro specific) /usr/share/mythtv/themes .