[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

mOjO mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jun 25 21:47:03 EDT 2003

> Is mythbackend running?  It needs to be, as that error message indicates.  If
> mythweb is on a separate server than the running mythbackend, you need to
> have the Master Server IP and Port set properly in the backend setup for it
> to connect to.

indeed mythbackend is running and i set the hostname so that mythweb
would know where to go.. in fact mythweb must be accessing it because i
can use mythweb to schedule recordings on the mythtv machine and they
get recorded fine. I can view my scheduled recordings and Listings but
clicking on the "Recorded Programs" or "Fix Conflicts" links gives me
that error about mythbackend not running.  Its almost as if a.) its
trying to access the wrong table of the DB (which i would think would
give me a different error.  or b.) only those two links are using the
wrong hostname... like maybe trying to use 'localhost'  i suppose it is
also possible that some kind of max connection limit of mysql is being
hit but that seems highly unlikely... i dont suppose there are some more
verbose logs of the mythweb errors than just "failed to connect"?

mOjO