[mythtv-users] Does MythTV need a Beginner's FAQ Collection?

Jason Dinkelmann jason at thedinks.org
Thu Jun 26 10:25:39 EDT 2003

I would have to agree with most on this topic.  As a newbie to both linux
and myth, I feel the more documentation the better.  I have found the
current HOWTO extremely helpful and fairly straight forward.  It took me
about 10 hours and 1 re-install of Mandrake to get myth up and running.
Other than some trouble getting my new pvr250 running it has been **easy**.

I think Ray has the right idea.  This would not be reinventing the wheel, it
would be just taking what is currently done and reworking it into a more
basic tutorial style that would make Myth more accessible to more people
like myself.  This can only be a good thing for a project like this.

I really have to applaud isaac and the other developers on this list.  This
is a great project that has matured very fast into a robust and highly
usable product.  Well done and keep up the good work.

Jason