[mythtv-users] Tivo covered on NPR's Morning Edition

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Thu Jun 26 10:33:04 EDT 2003

That is true. If I added a DVD-R, my costs would be about $900 or so.
But then again, the primary purpose to running a Myth box isn't because
it's cheaper....
*drumroll*

It's because you can't CVS version on a TiVo!!!

No, but seriously, the amount of control we have with Myth is amazing.
And we don't have to fork out another $400 + subscription each time
Isaac comes up with a great new feature. (ie Buy a series 2 MythBox in
order to have more movie space, or upgrade to the broadband package to
get your tv listings over Ethernet instead of phone line). The hardware
to run MythTV pays for its self over the long run.

Cheers (yet again) to Isaac and every other developer who ever worked on
MythTV. With the number of Prima Donnas who turn up (about once a month)
it sure could seem like a thankless job.

So Thanks, with no but/except/feature request!!/bug  attached.

Scott

P.S. How many people actively contribute to the codebase now? We need a
"buy a myth coder a pizza" day.