[mythtv-users] Re: My next server case [WAY off topic]

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Jun 27 14:50:57 EDT 2003

I have this case. Just one warning, 50W isn't much and I had a lot of
problems getting it to work with both a dvd-rom drive AND a PVR-250
card.
Connecting both would result in the harddisk not wanting to start on
boot-up or in powering down in the middle of the linux boot sequence
resulting in a reboot. But this was when I had temporarily connected an
external 5 1/4" dvd-rom. Now I use a slim-line dvd-rom and it works, but
I have the feeling it's only just managing because I've had a
spontaneous reboot yesterday while it accessed the harddisk.

The vendor of the case admitted to me that 50W isn't much and suggested
upgrading the power supply + conversion board. Unfortunately the upgrade
kit cost half what the case had costed so I decided not to ;-)

Cheers,
 -Tako

PS: I like this case http://www.digitalpowerhouse.net/index.htm but
unfortunately you can't seem to buy it there and I've not had any reply
to an email I sent asking them about it :-/

http://www.knowledgemicro.com/detail.php?p=CA-2699RB&c=dt
http://www.knowledgemicro.com/img/CA-2699RB_LG.jpg
Only $70 with power supply.

-Tupshin