[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend hangs when I try to change channels

Donald A. Cook DCook at t-online.de
Sat Jun 28 00:21:25 EDT 2003

I am having problems when I try changing channels when watching Live TV.
Mythfrontend seems to hang.

If I run xawtv before I start MythTV, and then run Mythbackend and
Mythfrontend, I get a good picture.  I can pause and restart.  I can
also use esc to get out of MythTV.  But as stated, if I try typing an
up-arrow, Mythfrontend hangs and an esc will not exit the program.  The
system does not crash nor do I get any errors.  If I do not run xawty
first, when Mythtv comes up I do not get a picture.

Also, when I do a scheduled recording, I just record snow.

I am running Redhat 9 and my tunner card is a Magic TView with a CPH05/
TV+FM tuner.

Since I live in Germany, I had to initialize my database with the
following command:

            mythfilldatabase -xawchannels 1 ~/.xawtv

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

donald