[mythtv-users] Myth.. and Home Automation (firecracker)

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Sun Jun 29 14:59:08 EDT 2003

I run Mythtv and Misterhouse on each of two workspaces in WindowMaker.
I use Misterhouse to control x10 devices such as the lights, electric
fan and speakers via firecracker interface.  I even control mythtv using
Misterhouse as a "voice recognition remote" by
recognizing spoken commands thru viavoice and passing the simulated
keyboard events to myth via xvkbd (kinda like what irxevent does for
lirc) and festival for text to speech output.