[mythtv-users] Application for mythtivo or not?

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 30 05:27:40 EDT 2003

I posted this to the TiVo MPlayer forums, the only place where I could
find active discussion of mythtivo and have yet to receive a response...
could anyone here provide any feed back?

SNIP--------------

I'm sure this might take some work... but essentially I would like my
mythtv capture source to be a mythtivo connected system.

Basically I would like to capture a direcTV show without an intermediary
analog conversion... but I don't want to use my dTivo (direcTv/TiVo
combo) for storage.... that's what my mythtv box is for.

It would be great if this has been done... but if not, please consider
it...

It would be awesome to capture digital programs into mythtv without the
conversion to analog... cleaner files, easier to decode, transcode, and
likely much better quality in comparable file sizes.

Why don't I want to store the video on the tivo?... cause I want my
family to be able to use the myth system seamlessly... they change
channels in myth, the channel changes on the dtivo box and the tivo
stream is then displayed on the myth box... just the same as if I had an
external directv tuner connected to my mythbox, but pure digital, with
AC3 sound.

Thanks for any info or work to make this happen for me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Joe