[mythtv-users] Rage 128 AIW and ATI TV Wonder VE

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jun 30 19:05:30 EDT 2003

William Lindner wrote:
> hi,
> well, I am trying to use an ATI Rage 128 AIW and an ATI TV Wonder VE in
> my Red Hat 9 MythTV box.  I can't seem to get MythTV to use the TV
> Wonder VE and so when I try to view live tv it's all just green and at
> the top is static.  I can't even see if this card is working because
> when I try to use xawtv it defaults to the Rage 128 AIW which works fine
> with xawtv, but not with MythTV.  Is there a known conflict for these
> two cards to be on the same system?  How can I test the TV Wonder VE?
> Please help, thanks in advance.

Now, don't get mad at me for suggesting this. This is based
on debugging these exact same symptoms on my own system with
an AIW and a bttv card in the same machine.

1) Go behind the machine and locate the coax cable attached
to the threaded coax connector on the AIW card.

2) Unscrew this coax cable.

3) Locate the threaded coax connector on the TV Wonder card.

4) Screw the coax cable onto this threaded coax connector.

5) Run "xawtv -c /dev/video0".

For me, this procedure was 100% successful for resolving the
symptoms you've described ;-).

--  bjm