[mythtv-users] Non-continuous picture when watching TV in MythTV

Unit3 unit3 at demoni.ca
Mon Mar 3 16:22:33 EST 2003

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. wrote:

>	Doesn't sound wasteful, but to me, "pause (and rewind) live
>TV" is the point of watching live TV using mythtv.  If I just want
>"passthrough" functionality, I just use the TV by itself.

Hmmm... that's true, although the big draw for me was to have a unified
source to work all media that can be remote controlled. I watch TV
through my PC anyway, so to have 10 programs to do different things is a
pain in the butt to navigate via remote.

So, I can see why you'd want it actively encoding everything that goes
through, but is this encoded stuff going to disk the whole time you're
watching, even when you're not actively using the features it provides?

Graeme