[mythtv-users] MythTV without TV card

usenet at wingert.org usenet at wingert.org
Tue Mar 4 11:21:31 EST 2003

I've done this with my MythTV.  I am using TiVos for SD-MPEG conversion so
I don't want the TV module or the backend.

in MC/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
comment out the line
gContext->ConnectServer(server, port);

Only run mythfrontend (do not run mythtv or mythbackend).

I also took out the TV icon out of mainmenu.xml  This is somewhat of a pain,
because setup (for mythweather) is in the TV menu.  I think each module
should have its own setup screen instead of depending on another module.

Maybe we can add this for a future release?  (ie no backend and configurations
inside the specific module)

I can supply patches if necessary.