[mythtv-users] Error with "cpan> install LWP" and QT Path on Mandrake 9.0

Kelly Reed Schuerman kschuerman at thekeyboardcowboy.com
Wed Mar 5 21:28:50 EST 2003

I just started building a mythtv box tonight and I'm having a couple of
problems.  I hate VCRs so I'm really looking forward to having this up and
running.

I've setup the /etc/profile.d/mythtv.sh file with QTDIR and the PATH export
and when I run "set" to test QTDIR shows up in the list just fine, but the
PATH does not include the QT path.  If I type the "export path" command at
the prompt then run "set" the path shows up correctly.  I've double & triple
checked that I typed everything correctly in "mythtv.sh" and I believe I
have.  Any ideas?

I'm having another problem as well.

Everything else was going smoothly until I did the following command while
building xmltv:

 cpan> install LWP

It appears as though everything is working fine until this comes up:

robot/ua-get...............HTTP Server Terminated

Then the install hangs and eventually I get:

robot/ua-get...............NOK 1
robot/ua-get...............NOK 2
robot/ua-get...............ok 4/7
robot/ua-get...............FAILED Tests 1-3, 5, 7
robot/us...................HTTP Server Terminated

I'm going to quit there.  I've exited the cpan prompt and went back in to
run "install LWP" and got the same error.  I actually did this last night
with a Mandrake install on a different system just to test it and it worked
fine.  Is this a problem that I need to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Sherm    <><