[mythtv-users] House of Cards -> New Linux Install

Unit3 unit3 at demoni.ca
Thu Mar 6 12:41:50 EST 2003

Cedar McKay wrote:

> not red hat then, alsa is not set up by default, though the mythtv
> docs have instructions that are pretty straight forward.

The setup under Debian for 2.4.19 kernels is extremely easy, but you may
need a newer kernel for your hardware, I'm not sure. Newer kernels means
you'll have to compile the alsa modules yourself, and while that's not
terrible, it's not terribly enjoyable either.

In any case, the Debian packages are lovely, I can't wait for 0.8
packages... pending its actual release, of course. ;)