[mythtv-users] can't watch or record tv

Ian Truelsen ian at ihtruelsen.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 6 15:48:30 EST 2003

This one has me stumped.

When I start mythtv with the backend running, it just sits there with
this output:

ian at minion ian $ mythtv
connecting to backend server: 192.168.100.2:6543
adding: minion.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org as a player 1
adding: minion.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org as a player 0
adding: minion.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org as a player 0
adding: minion.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

The same happens, or doesn't depending on how you look at it, when I
choose livetv from the frontend. When I try to record from the frontend,
it again does not record, but sits with this output:

ian at minion ian $ mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 192.168.100.2:6543
adding: minion.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org as a player 1
Changing from None to RecordingOnly

It doesn't crash or seg fault, it just sits there.

I am running the latest cvs build (downloaded today).

I have deleted the database and rebuilt it from scratch. I have checked
the settings. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas on what to check?

--
Ian Truelsen
Email: ian at ihtruelsen.dyndns.org
AIM: ihtruelsen