[mythtv-users] Linux TV-Out compatability?

grozio at buffalo.edu grozio at buffalo.edu
Thu Mar 6 19:33:53 EST 2003

Had a quick question about how linux works with video cards.  Is any
card that supports TV-out compatable with linux? I picked up a ALbatron
GeForce2 MX-400 w/TV out from Newegg. Please correct me if any of the
following of this is wrong. I was told the best chipset to get on a
card was BT869. I was also told that the company that makes it was
bought or become a company called Conexant. The card I bought has a
Conexant chip on it, but nowhere does it say BT869. The chip is labeled
as follows:

Conexant
Video Encoder
CX25871-15
E258654.1
0234 Philippines

Is this chip/card going to work with linux? The box does not have linux
compatability listed (but I just figured it wouldnt because most I have
seen do not list linux). Is this the BT869 chipset, and if not will it
still work? Is the BT869 chipset the only one that works with linux? I
ask these questions because the rest of my parts for my myth box have
not made it in the mail yet, and if this card is definitely not going
to work then I am going to get a different card now. Thanks.

-Derek