[mythtv-users] Error starting mythbackend?

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 06:20:53 EST 2003

Can anybody clue me in on this error:

Starting up as the master server.
One of your capturecard entries does not have a hostname.
  Please run setup and confirm all of the capture cards.

I'm using CVS from a couple of nights ago. Previously, I was trying to get 0.7
running. I run setup and everything looks good. mythfilldatabase completes
without any complaints. I'm not able to find any documentation on how to run the
pre-0.8 cvs stuff. I'm just assuming that need to run mythbackend and
mythfrontend (from what I've seen posted here). I did run a sql script to take
the database from .7 -> .8. Any help greatly appreciated.

Larry Matter - for your EPIA M9000 machine - could you either send me your
XF86Config* files or post some snippets here? I'm currently using overscan, but
I'm loosing too much of the border. Underscan leaves too much of an edge. What's
your experience?

...Kevin

--
"Testing proves testing works." - Dave Thomas