[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 8 13:20:20 EST 2003

I don't see anything wrong in the stuff you posted below.  Based upon
this and the previous email you sent, it looks like the call to
XCreateSimpleWindow() is generating an error for some reason, then
the following 7 errors are from the 7 other X functions that get
called before the non-Xv mode message is printed.  So, the root of the
problem is with XCreateSimpleWindow() and/or the parameters passed to it.

It's called like this:

data->XJ_win = XCreateSimpleWindow(data->XJ_disp, data->XJ_root, curx,
                                           cury, curw, curh, 0,
                                           XJ_white, XJ_black);

In your case (non-Xv mode and based upon the debug info you gave
below), curx = 0, cury = 0, curw = 640, curh = 480, 0 = 0, and we don't
know aobut the other 4 items (XJ_disp, XJ_root, XJ_white, and XJ_black).

It looks like you were running your fb at 640x480 when you ran this right?

Can you search for XCreateSimpleWindow and add the following lines right
before that:

	printf( "XJ_disp = %p\n", data->XJ_disp );
	printf( "XJ_screen = %p\n", data->XJ_screen );
	printf( "XJ_root = %ld\n", data->XJ_root );
	printf( "XJ_white = %ld\n", data->XJ_white );
	printf( "XJ_black = %ld\n", data->XJ_black );
	errno = 0;

AFTER XCreateSimpleWindow, add the following lines:

	printf( "XJ_win = %ld\n", data->XJ_win );
	perror( "XCreateSimpleWindow() result" );

If I'm right, then the first X error message you saw about "Bad Value"
should fall between the XJ_black and XJ_win debug printf's above.  I'm
curious whether XCreateSimpleWindow is failing but not being detected
properly.

Just so you know, someone else on the dev list replied to your message
saying they saw the same problem.

> XJ_screenx = 0
> XJ_screeny = 0
> XJ_screenwidth = 640
> XJ_screenheight = 480
> XJ_width = 480
> XJ_height = 480
> XJ_aspect = 0
> wid = 0
> GuiWidth = 0
> GuiHeight = 0
>
> And I switched back to a monitor instead of the TV and
> got the "shmget failed:: Invalid argument" again, if
> that makes any difference.
>
> Andy

Chris