[mythtv-users] Re:please help - only seeing a blue screen in mythtv and grabdisplay

W Jason McMillon jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 08:02:55 EST 2003

Thanks Joe, that's all it took.  Now I have video but
no program guide info and can't record anything.  I
started a new thread on my new problem.

jason

Hi,

I have a similar setup working flawlessly.  My setup:

Leadtek GeForce4 MX 420
Hercules Fortissimo III
Hauppauge WinTV-radio

Suggestion: make sure you are using the latest NVidia
binary drivers
for
your video card.  I don't think my setup worked with
the open source
XFree86 drivers.

Also, what is you TV card?

-Joe C.

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:55:00 -0800 (PST)
> From: W Jason McMillon <jason_mcmillon at yahoo.com>
> To: mythtv-users at snowman.net
> Subject: [mythtv-users]
>  please help - only seeing a blue screen in mythtv
and grabdisplay
about mythtv
> 	<mythtv-users at snowman.net>
> Message: 1
>
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble getting Mythtv to show anything
> but a blue screen in watch tv mode.  XawTV works
fine
> in overlay mode, but only shows a blue screen in
> grabdisplay mode (I can continue to hear sound for
> each channel as I change them, but that's just the
> loopback cable). jpeg capture works in overlay mode,
> but not in grabdisplay mode. An earlier post from
> Isaac suggested that I should resolve this
grabdisplay
> issue first.
>
> I have a GeForce4 MX440 64MB video card and a
> Guillemot Maxi Sound FORTISSIMO sound card.
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?  I am really looking
forward