[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase segfault

Charles Gales cgales at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 08:09:02 EST 2003

  I have just started using mythtv, and I have also run into the
mythfilldatabase segfault problem.  I have traced it down to some of the
XLM TV Listings not having an "END" tag indicating when the show ends.
It seems to happen on the last show for each channel on the given day.
Unfortunately, mythfilldatabase does not handle this gracefully and ergo
the seg fault.
  This really seems to be a problem with the program listing not
containing all the appropriate information, but mythfilldatabase needs
to be updated to handle this problem.  I have gotten around it by using
the start time for the end time, but this introduces other problems.

Chuck Gales