[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

andy s sul404d at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 06:19:11 EST 2003

--- Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> [stuff about non-Xv mode]

So the good news is I updated from CVS and non-Xv
works now.  The bad news is I never did find out what
exactly was wrong with it.

New issues (that I think relate to non-Xv mode):
a) Windowed output - is there a way to have it show
fullscreen without the window decorations?

b) When I try to playback a recorded video it looks
scrambled with diagonal lines across it.  What it
really looks like is happening is that the width that
it is playing back is different than the width that it
recorded at.  This only applies to watching
fullscreen. When it plays in the preview on the
'playback' screen it looks fine.  The live TV picture
looks fine too.

There's also a new issue of sound being about a second
or two ahead of the video, but I'm not sure if that's
a non-Xv problem or not.

Andy