[mythtv-users] Mythzilla

Rob Snow lists at dympna.com
Sun Mar 16 01:12:13 EST 2003

After our conversation the other day on this list and perking some type of
sick interest I've started working on Mythzilla...  I've got the graciously
pointed to KDE tutorial code that uses a simple KHTML browser as it's main
code.

I've looked at mythvideo/music/gallery and I -think- I'll be able to figure
out the right thing to do...might need some help, as I'm a total noob to
QT/KDE programming as well as c++.  I'm an old time C programmer, which
might actually hinder me :)

The one downside I see so far is that it appears that KHTML is only a KDE
object, which would add a dependency that many might not want allocate the
disk space to...but unless there is a equivilent in QT it's gonna have to
stay a dependency, I ain't writing a HTML render.

Anyways, with a bit of work I hope to have a 'Hello World' as a proof of
concept by Tuesday or so....don't expect much more than showing
www.mythtv.org in a Myth context using KHTML.

-Rob