[mythtv-users] .8 frontend/backend question

kdavis at cfl.rr.com kdavis at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 13:19:48 EST 2003

Upgraded 2 functional .7 machines to .8 last night.  The backend is an Athlon
XP, Frontend Celeron 900.(right now only the Athlon has a tuner card)  The
backend works great, can watch live, record, etc.  When I start the backend on
the Athlon XP, then move over to the Celeron and start the Frontend, I get:

[root at cel root]# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 10.20.20.2:6543
Could not connect to server
Could not connect to server
Segmentation fault
[root at cel root]#

10.20.20.2 is the correct IP address of the backend machine.  The seg fault
occurs when I select anything like watch a recording, or watch live TV.  The
backend says he's adding the machine as a player, that's it.

Is there some doc that says you have to allow the remote frontend machine to
read the database on the backend server?

Any suggestions??

Beyond this the upgrade itself was simple....thanks to all who
contributed.