[mythtv-users] Installing & Running LIRC Problems

grozio at buffalo.edu grozio at buffalo.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:09:35 EST 2003

I tried both suggestions.  I used setserial as listed on LIRC
Dependencies and then loaded modprobe lirc_serial, still had the same
error messages.  I then tried the second suggestion of removing
lirc_serial from boot and not using it.  irrecord gave an error.  I did
a $ dmesg | grep tty as suggested and received $ ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq
= 4_ is a 16550A.  Does the fact that its listed as ttyS00 mean
anything? /dev has only a ttyS0 listed.  I tried linking LIRC manually
to a ttyS00 but it did not work.  LIRC install did not mention
installing a kernel-driver.  However, I tried urpmi kernel-driver and
it said "No Such Package".  Any other ideas? Thanks.

-Derek