[mythtv-users] Any suggestions for a video network?

Thu Mar 20 10:17:27 EST 2003

> 802.11a should be fast enough for high res, high bitrate
> but there are questions about range. If it is a short distance
> in an apartment, it may work.

I have an 802.11a card in a windows machine (not sure if there are any linux drivers yet...), and the speed is pretty good.  Certainly I can double click on a saved MPEG file on the fileserver and it plays find on the laptop.

However, range is limited to one wall (or floor)...  Two walls (or floors) kills reception completely.