[mythtv-users] Slow Performance

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Fri Mar 21 20:26:49 EST 2003

I also have problems with CPU load in the areas you mentioned.  I'm running
Myth on a 1600x1200 X display; XP 2000, 64meg GeForce3 Ultra DDR (pre-Ti).

I can't run MPEG4 at anything approaching a reasonable quality level, but
RTjpeg at 720x480 is perfectly fine for recording and playing.  From your
testing, it sounds like I would be fine if I dropped the resolution and
colordepth.

FWIW, if this turns out to be partially the fault of the most recent nVidia
drivers, version 1.0.3123 is still available from Gentoo...

Thanks for the legwork,

#if Jason James /* Mar 20, 19:39 */
#endif /* jason_james_97 at yahoo.com */