[mythtv-users] Some questions

David Ferguson DFerguson at pathfire.com
Sat Mar 22 12:41:55 EST 2003

Thanks for the help to the people that answered my previous post.  I do have
a couple more questions please.  Can you watch a program as it is being
recorded?  Is it possiable to use the Xvid codec?  A suggestion for a turner
card that gets good quality and high resolution?  I have read that Mythtv
can use a tv turner card that has hardware mpeg compression and also I a
have read that it doesn't???  What I would like to do is use a card that
compreses to Mpeg2 and then compress it to either Xvid or Divx, any
thoughts?  I am planing on putting a system together for Mythtv only so I am
trying to get as much advice on the best hardware.  One last one, I have
seen a few posts of people talking about putting together a MythTV
distribution, I would really really love to see this.  I am linux newbie and
the thought of trying to get all of the differnt pieces together and
configured correctly seems daunting.  Anything that would make it eaiser
would be most welcome.

Thanks

David Ferguson