[mythtv-users] System freeze when watching live tv

David Tarkowski david.tarkowski at verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 21:45:17 EST 2003

With MythTV 0.8 (and also 0.7 before it) my system freezes hard when trying
to change channels while watching live tv.  I've noticed that if I am
recording with, for example, mencoder and I hit ^Z the same thing happens.
I'm guessing that this has something to do with the way that mythtv pauses
(or doesn't pause) the recording when changing channels and my card doesn't
like it.

I have an AverTV Stereo on a K7S5A board.  I'm running RH8.0 with a 2.4.19
kernel from kernel.org and alsa sound drivers.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

--