[mythtv-users] btaudio problems

Chris cisip at sprintmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:18:56 EST 2003

I had a similar problem when I tried to get btaudio working. It tried to
grab the first dsp device (dsp or dsp0).  The way I fixed it is I
launced esd & first to lock the dsp device and then modprobe btaudio so
that it will grab /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2. And then i killall esd to
free up /dev/dsp for mythtv.  Apparently, the ordering of the modules in
modules.conf does not affect which devices gets first access on which
dsp devices. Its which devices are called by which program first which
determines the assignment of the dsp devies.   Using this technique I
was able to assign sblive /dev/dsp0 , btaudio /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2,
btaudio (for second tuner) /dev/dsp3 and /dev/dsp4, and then em300 for
/dev/dsp5.   I run these in rc.local.  Hope this helps.

Chris <cisip at sprintmail.com>