[mythtv-users] myth backend

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 13:13:02 EST 2003

That's all you should see.  If you want it to run in the background you
could start it as "mythbackend &" or wrap it in a script.

> I can open a new terminal and run mythfrontend and see
> all the channels, but when I try to watch tv it locks
> up
> X windows and I have to ctrl+alt+backspace out.

Does it give you any error messages?  Can you switch to a virtual terminal
(Ctrl-Alt-F1}?  Try starting it as "mythfrontend 2>1 > mf.log" and post the
output.  Are you running KDE?  If so, turn off artsd
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc18.11) Does the user
running the frontend have read/write permission for your dsp device?

Finally, re-read the docs *carefully* and make sure you've double-checked
everything.

Good luck,

Joe C.