[mythtv-users] daft newbie questions :-)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 28 10:56:58 EST 2003

Paul Smith wrote:
>> > - ATI 9000 card with TV-Out
>> Check the archive about issues with ATI cards and X drivers.
>

> Where? Sorry, I can see issues with ATI 'All in wonder' cards (with
> tuner etc), but nothing about plain old graphics cards. Do you remember
> what the problem was?

For ATI TV-OUT to work (All in wonder or not), you need to
use the abandoned 'devel' branch of the GATOS ati.2 driver.

> If plain ATI graphics cards are a problem what's a better (low cost)
> card to use?

NVidia GeForce2 have the advantage of a nifty utility called
nvtv which can control overscan, x,y position and lots of
other controls that you wouldn't have with other cards.

--  bjm