[mythtv-users] Media Center Demo

Joseph Jamieson jjamieson at futurefoundations.com
Fri Mar 28 14:39:32 EST 2003

Yea but Xbox Media Player is a "homebrew" project that's been in
existence for quite awhile now.   You need a Modchip to run it because
of the fact that the xbox will only run "Digitally Signed" code.

XBMP can play almost any type of media out there (except new quicktime
formats,) DiVX, Mpegs, DVD's, pictures of almost any format, the list
goes on.   About the only thing it can't do at the moment is play TV
(there's no TV card in the Xbox) but they are working on SnapStream
support.

When they come up with accelerated X drivers for Xbox Linux, I'm going
to try MythTV on it.  It has a great TV Encoder, so I think it will be a
great front-end unit.