[mythtv-users] what is an appropriate epia for mythfrontend only?

Greg Nyce greg.nyce at aei.com
Sun Mar 30 20:30:12 EST 2003

I have MythTV running on my basement (noisy) Athlon 1800, and now I'd like to build a epia mini-itx system for the family room.  Want it to be as quiet and unobtrusive as possible, and like the epia form-factor.  If I'm just running Mythfrontend on this (to watch recordings from basement box, and maybe some MP3s (again, from basement), what would be the best (minimum) chip?  Most talk on this list seems to be about the 9000... should I use that, or wait for the Nehemiah-core 1000?  I am assuming these run hotter, and thus might need more cooling and thus might generate more noise.... so if running a slower fanless epia C3 works, I'm willing to entertain the notion.  Any previous experience on this one?
    ('Course, this is going on the assumption that just running mythfrontend (and previously-recorded stuff) isn't such a CPU-load as watching live TV)

Thanks,
Greg
This message, including any attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary information of Advanced
Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination, distribution, use
or copying of this message or any of its attachments is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.