[mythtv-users] Question about Mythbackend

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 31 15:37:45 EST 2003

James Knight wrote:
> On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 04:10  PM, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>> No audio card can only work if btaudio works for your cards.
>> AFAIK, there is not make/model that is sure to always work
>> much less work and have good sound quality.
>

>  From what I've read, the WinTV model 401 works for everyone.

Well, that's about to come to an end :-(

This is the perfect example. The model number 401 was
used over several revisions and, in fact, the contents
of the package changed over time. I have two "model 401"
that are older and packaged without the remote control
and I can tell you for a fact that btaudio does not work.
Others with this rev report that it doesn't work and I
believe I've seen people have no success with a package
that included the remote.

For now ;-), I won't state that any model will be sure
to work until you buy it, install it, configure it, and
actually hear sound that you are happy with.

--  bjm