[mythtv-users] damaged/corrupt nuv file???

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 1 03:41:36 UTC 2003

Andrew Peabody wrote:
> From: Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>
>
>> In NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp near the bottom of OutputVideoLoop
>> there is a section that adjusts synchronization to audio.
>> If you print out "avsync_delay", it should normally be
>> within + or - 20000 usec. It may be useful to see what these
>> values look like when you see this problem.
>>
>> --  bjm
>

> All right I recompiled the code with the changes.
>
> During a normal file I see values from -16000 to 16000
>
> But during the strange file I see values from -40498000 to 84857000

Well that's -40 sec to +85 sec. so unless you stared at this
for a very long time, that's more than drift ;-). So either
the timecodes are damaged in the recording or some variable
is being damaged during playback. Here is a different debug
line to check if it is in the recording or playback.

The first column should increase by either 33 or 34 over the
previous frame. After the first couple seconds, the second
column should be + or - 20 of the first column. If either
column changes by thousands or more from frame to frame,
please do send me 100 to 200 lines starting a few lines before
the event.

If you see bogus numbers in the first column, please rerun the
same section to see if it reports the exact same sequence of
numbers in the first column each time.

--  bjm