[mythtv-users] Need a little help with setup

Watteel Pascal pascal.watteel at winlin.be
Mon Mar 3 13:17:31 UTC 2003

What are you running... 0.7 or cvs???

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at snowman.net
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at snowman.net] On Behalf Of Weaver, Charles
Sent: maandag 3 maart 2003 14:03
To: 'mythtv-users at snowman.net'
Subject: [mythtv-users] Need a little help with setup

Hello all.  I have a problem, and need a little help.  I saw this same
error listed out on the archives but I did not see a resolution.  I am
trying to set up a MYTH box and have all the software installed.  I
downloaded the source for MYTH and compiled it ok, but when I run the
setup program I get the error "unable to open DB".  The database is
there and MYSQL is started. Do you need to add a special user to MYSQL
or set permissions on the tables? Any and all help is appreciated.

Charlie