[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase error

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Sun Mar 9 17:53:03 UTC 2003

Still working through my initial setup of MythTV and I've got an error
in filling the database.  Mythfilldatabase runs through all my stations
and they look good, but then after its done with the stations, I get a
segmentation error.  I'm guessing that's when its trying to load the
database.  Does MythTV need to be added to Mysql as a user?  Is that my
problem?  If so, what's the easiest way to do that?
When I try to run mythfrontend, it comes up fine, but Watch TV locks up
and if I go to Record a show, Myth just quits and the console says there
is nothing in the database.  That's what has me thinking the fill
process is crashing just before it actually writes the data to the database.

TIA
Mike