[mythtv-users] Converting nuv to avi to play on windows

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 17 21:32:21 UTC 2003

I have found that blackbox serves my purpose much better than KDE.  From
a WM boot time stand point, balckbox is up and ready before KDE and even
display the starting up splash screen.

On a performance level, I've found blackbox to work much better when
doing multiple encode/decodes.  My box has two tuners so I can record 2
things at once, or watch 1 thing and record another.  With KDE I had
video/audio sync problems when recording and watching live tv.  I don't
have those problems with blackbox.

Ben