[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 27

Alexander (Sandy) McKinney alex_mckinney at net.com
Tue Mar 18 14:52:16 UTC 2003

Am Sonntag, 16. März 2003 20:20 schrieb Christoph Rasim:
> Hi there,
>
> > i can only suggest everyone in germany who has the chance to do so use
> > nxtvepg, which gathers data from nextview, which is broadcasted on
> > several
> > channels here in germany. nxtvepg can export data in xmltv-format.
>
> I tried to do so. nxtvepg works fine. When I import the generated file with
> mythfilldatabase, the EPG looks very good. However, somehow the channels
> seem not to be imported correctly since I cannot change the channel neither
> when watching TV or in the EPG and the backend task says something like "No
> channels in the database". Can you tell me how to import this file? I have
> configured just one card input (/dev/video), one video source (I called it
> TV) and assigned the TV source to the "Television" input of my TV card.

i have a small script (someone send' it to me, don't know who it was...) that
extracts the xmltv-data from nxtvepg and writes the channel-data to it... i
think it's also located at the non-us-mythtv-website (hmm don't know the url
right now... seems like my brain stayed at home today, hehe)
if not i can send it to you when i'm at home tonight.

stephan