[mythtv-users] oxine

Chuck Ferring chuckf at fullplaymedia.com
Tue Mar 18 18:03:19 UTC 2003

I've seen many people mention this, and I thought I'd make a quick post.
If you want to be able to play DVD's from you mythtv, you might try just
using a 3rd party piece of software and editing your menu.xml's.  I've
set this up on my myth box and it works great.  I use ogle for DVD
playback and have mapped the ogle key command to the one used by myth.
Make a few XML changes, and now I have a DVD menu option that takes me
to a screen with and eject and play button.  I know for many of you this
is old hat, but if you're a linux newbie, fear not it is easy to do and
requires little work.  If anyone is interested, I can go into more
detail of how to do this stuff.

Ben